Participants learn how to design and implement the most effective structure to deliver the Strategic and Operational Plan of the organization. Possible organizational configurations (hierarchical/functional, a matrix in project management mode, self-directed teams, a mix and match of different structures within the same organization) are reviewed.
Activities covered include the examination of the current delivery structure and the products and services offered generation of options for delivering the products and services choosing the most appropriate overall delivery structure option analyzing the implications of implementing the new structure on the organization's people, physical plant, processes and systems and making modifications based on these implications and preparation of a change plan.
Depending on the detail required from the community this workshop can be anywhere from 1-3 days in duration.
Key Learning Objectives
- Provides the senior team with a strategic picture of management processes
- Allows for senior team consensus on strengths and weaknesses
- Prioritizes the areas where intervention is needed
- Structures the senior team to state issues in an actionable way
- Confronts the issues rather than the people on the team
- Points to specific steps for building on strengths and working on weaknesses
- Takes very little time or energy to complete