Project Management has proved its usefulness in a wide range of tasks, from traditional construction projects, to managing disruptive issues in the organization. Over the years, practitioners have come to draw a distinction between the process of managing a project (e.g. the Detailed Project Plan) and its techniques (e.g. Critical Path Technique).
BIZZYBODY has an extensive database of processes and techniques allows the client organization to custom design the project management system it needs, in line with its products and services.
This workshop provides participants with the means to manage unique, team-driven, complex and high-priority tasks. The workshop clearly distinguishes between the steps in managing a project, and the tools a project manager can use to manage a project. It combines both the tools and steps to give participants a Project Management "Boot Camp”. The full range of process steps are covered: initiation, definition, planning, execution, and closure.
Depending on the detail required from the community this workshop can be anywhere from 1-3 days in duration.
Key Learning Objectives
- Recovers a minimum of 10% on project costs in the first year implemented
- Ensures that project goals, scope and plans are clear and committed to
- Links all projects to the mission and priorities of the organization
- Promotes quality relationships among stakeholders in the project
- Ensures effective priority setting for all projects
- Installs a +/-5% benchmark for all projects in the organization
- Removes the technocratic bias to project management and focuses on tasks