Tourism is a prime growth area for Indigenous and may involve government funding programs support growth and development of this key industry. Cultural Tourism is on the rise for many communities. Bear watching, wild game hunting and other nature getaways are already profitable businesses for many First Nations.
This workshop or course can be simple or multi-faceted – and totally driven by the needs of the community. We can help you identify tourist business opportunities in your organization or help you expand your existing tourism businesses. We are excited by tourism and we believe you should be too!
Tourism, especially Indigenous Tourism, is one of the fastest growing sectors in the marketplace. Federal and Provincial governments have identified the need to promote tourism across the nation. There is considerable international demand for Indigenous experiences. This is a great opportunity for individuals to educate and demonstrate the natural, cultural, social and culinary activities of your local areas.
Depending on the detail required from the community this workshop can be anywhere from 1-3 days in duration.
Key Learning Objectives
- Helps identify a tourism-related business that suits the individual
- Assists in the development of the specifics of the tourism experience
- Supports the research and identification of funding and business support services
- Leads the development of a business case and business plan
- Develops the activities and tasks to successfully open a business
- Creates the evaluation process to gauge the success or issues of the business