This program is designed to provide students with the technical, administrative, and human relations skills required in today’s office environments. Students gain in-depth training in administrative and interpersonal skills, as well as in the use of computers and popular software applications, including the Microsoft Professional Office Suite and the Windows environment.
Students learn to use computers and software applications to solve problems, manage information, and enhance document production.
This program provides thorough, in-depth training in the skills required by today’s office workers in order to be competitive in the job market. Current computer software applications are stressed, as well as the traditional skills and knowledge of business English, business calculations, office procedures, customer relations, and strong keyboarding skills.
Depending on the detail required from the community this workshop can be anywhere from 1-3 days in duration.
Key Learning Objectives
- Managing your activities through time management
- Training in computer specific software – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook
- Understanding how to prioritize tasks
- Using computers and computer programs
- Establishing good oral and written communications
- Organizing and filing information in soft and hardcopy
- Solving problems and decision-making
- Working and collaborating in a team environment
- Developing appropriate telephone etiquette