Conflict is everywhere, and we do not seem to be able to do much about it. In fact, in most cases we
feel it, or construct bureaucratic machinery, such as the grievance process, to “manage” it.
This workshop provides participants with the means to recognize, resolve conflict, and harmonize with people in a community, organization or workplace. Participants will learn how to deal with disputes, underlying conflict, deep-rooted conflict, and come to grips with levels and stages of conflict.
Once we understand that conflict is as normal as eating and drinking, and should not be avoided just for the case of avoidance, resolution itself becomes more normal and part of the skills we need in our community and workplace.
Depending on the detail required from the community this workshop can be anywhere from 1-3 days in duration.
Key Learning Objectives
- Reduces the loss of energy and productivity due to workplace conflicts
- Reduces stress in the workplace by addressing its causes
- Frees up supervisory time, as people begin resolving conflict on their own
- Reduces the impact of major conflict, as people understand cause and effect
- Ensures that small scale conflicts are handled early, before they escalate
- Makes everyone in the organization accountable for reducing conflicts
- Gives everyone skills and tools to reduce conflicts to manageable levels