Participants learn how to bring organizations to an understanding of their mission, values, priorities, and strategic directions based on a commonly shared vision of their future, in a way that employees and communities understand and support. Areas covered include environmental scanning analysis of strengths-weaknesses-opportunities-threats (SWOT) establishing a future vision and mission statement identifying gaps and key results areas and priorities establishing values setting strategic directions and orienting staff.
Depending on the detail required from the community this workshop can be anywhere from 1-3 days in duration.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gives people in the organization a clear set of direction and deliverables
- Allows for the involvement of people from top to bottom in the organization
- Reinforces the senior management role as strategic leader
- Allows for systematic and smooth changes, based on stated priorities
- Stimulates meaningful discussion on how to renew the organization
- Plans for renewal of the strategy at predetermined intervals
- Provides a measurable basis for performance measurement